Old 14-07-2007, 09:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
raeannsimpson raeannsimpson is offline

Default pools - slightly off topic

On Jul 14, 4:34 pm, Sheldon wrote:
rachael simpson wrote:

dummy needs help again...........lol

my 2 yr old son has a small swimming pool that i let him play in while i
work in the garden. it is 8x5 and only about 4 inches deep.

Dummy is right.

Your son is much too young to be left with that pool unsupervised... a
child can drown in less than 2 inches of water. Get rid of that pool
now... before you wish you did. Your child will have more fun cooling
off with a small lawn sprinkler, the water will be clean and at the
same time it'll water your lawn... and no one has been known to drown
from a lawn sprinkler.

http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/fir...er_safety.html

http://www.cpsc.gov/nsn/inflatable.pdf

trust me........wyatt is well supervised. the pool is in the garden
area. i am never more than 10 feet away from it. as a trained nurse
and former lifeguard, i know what i am doing............and he plays
in the sprinkler too, when i have it running in the garden!