Old 14-07-2007, 10:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
jangchub jangchub is offline

Default pools - slightly off topic

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 15:24:30 -0400, rachael simpson
wrote:

jangchub wrote:

Sorry, there is no excuse for this. I don't tip toe around and I also
don't apologize for it. It is a BLOW UP POOL. I have a fifty foot
long pool and don't have this much trouble.

and it takes how long to drain and clean and re-fill?? oh, yeah, you
must use chemicals then huh?

just because it is inflatable doesn't mean that it is something easy to
do everyday. personally, i didn't know that my post was causing so much
up-roar as you put it. i simply asked if anyone knew of anything i
could use to keep from having to re-fill it everyday. we are in a
drought and trying to preserve water. we are now 13+ inches below. i
make my own household cleaners, so i thought maybe someone on here knew
of something that was non-chemical that i could use. my son has severe
eczema, and i am careful what i use around him. he cannot play in
"bigger" pools that require chemicals because of the severity of his
skin condition. besides the drought, i have a very busy home-based
lifestyle, which sometimes prevents me from being able to clean the pool
right away. while it may be inflatable, it is not a very small pool. it
takes time to deflate and re-inflate. add to that the non-existence of
an air pump or air compressor to our household. so, in short, i was
looking a way to simplify the task, also. i have had several replies
(is that what you were calling up-roar??), and to be nice, i like to
reply back. my reply to Janet was simple enough - she knows what it is
like with kids with eczema, she has given me a few tips in the past on
this. i also took Charlie's advice to recycle the water by using it on
the garden, which in short helps conserve the water we have.

however, i will apologize that my posts (and it's subsequent posts) have
offended you. for that i am truly sorry.............

I am not offended, but if your child has a skin condition what could
you possibly be thinking allowing him in a pool with algae? Did you
know algae is a pathogen vector for several serious problems to the
skin? How big can an inflatable pool be?

And yes, of course I use chemicals in my in ground pool, but it is
very limited and we keep chlorine to 3ppm. I guess I'm tired of
hearing excuses. If your child has skin problems, a blow up pool may
not be the ideal situation for the child. Get sprinklers. Oh wait,
your water from the hose, if city water, has hundreds of chemicals in
it. Just be careful with algae.