Old 14-07-2007, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
R[_4_] R[_4_] is offline

Default "Tomorite"

"steve auvache" wrote in message
In article , judith
writes
I always feed my tomatoes and invariably buy Tomorite - which always
appears to be more expensive than alternatives.

I'd be interested in other's views of the alternatives B&Q own etc -

Expensive tat when compared to the real thing.

The "Real Thing" being?

or is it even feasible to make up your own from basic materials?

Indeed it is. Sunshine, water and lashings of compost, works wonders
for plants it does and is mostly free.

Compost........Usually available after prolonged garden debris removal and
worm infestation, bugs and aeration.
For those that don't have such a fine facility then Tomorite works fine.

By early Feb I should have around 4 cubic metres of rotted cuttings, horse
shyte and other waste ready to dig in........until then.....Tomoriting the
tom's is happening.