Old 15-07-2007, 01:20 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Help With Fertilizing Japanese Maple In A Pot

Good question.
Maybe microelements.

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

"Dwight" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have four foot Seiryu in its second year in a five gallon clay pot in the
Seattle area.

It browned up in the sun, and so I have moved it to shade, with a board to
protect the pot from the sun, and it is greening up nicely now, but still
no new growth yet.

I plan to move it to a bigger pot this winter.

People say these trees dont need much fertilizer, but I wonder if a little
might help at this point?

If so what sort of fertilizer?

Thanks in advance.

Dwight Gibb