Old 15-07-2007, 04:13 AM posted to austin.gardening,rec.gardens
jangchub jangchub is offline

Default Peaches

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:50:38 -0500, Victor Martinez
wrote:

I didn't mean to say the trees do not produce fruit. They do. We just
don't get to eat any because they rot.

Ah, okay. We started removing the very old wood on the tree today. We
are only going to leave last years wood, and anything which grows out
from this season. I am going to investigate how to curtail the brown
rot, although the butterflies are so drunk out there I almost hate to
deny them! There are literally thousands of butterflies, and all
types at that. I don't think I've ever seen so many.

Removing the oldest wood has also removed the route the raccoons use
to get up in there. They started marking their territory on top of
our pavillion and we can't have that. Round worms are a very real
thing I don't want to get involved with