Old 31-03-2003, 09:08 PM
George Shirley

Default rosemary

Rosemary likes to have dry feet and prefers full sun but will grow in
high shade. My big rosemary gets a haircut every year as she gets to be
four feet tall and five feet across in one growing season. The plant is
on a slope, feet dry most of the time, never gets fertilized or babied.

With a lot of the herbs we grow it's best to remember they mostly come
from the Mediterranean area and are used to lots of sun and little
water. HTH

George

Norma Briggs wrote:

I am having trouble not killing rosemary. I have no clue what I am
doing wrong. I have planted small starts in different places in my
yard, in case too much/not enough sun was an issue. I even totally
ignored once bunch, thinking I was killing it with kindness...

I really enjoy fresh rosemary, so would welcome any advice.

btw: I live in zone 9b.....

Norma

---