Old 15-07-2007, 04:54 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Azalea chlorotic

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:12:21 -0700, Persephone wrote:

I have an azalea in a large pot on the E. side of the house
(So. Calif coastal), that has turned chlorotic. I gave it
iron twice, but has had no effect; leaves still have that
tell-tale appearance.

Light, water and fertilizer are normal.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Persephone

Check for tiny mites/insect damage. If there is no sign here, give it
a half dose of acid fertilizer (such as Miracle Grow or a fertilizer
for azaleas). You should see results in 2-3 weeks.