Old 15-07-2007, 03:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Robert Lorenzini Robert Lorenzini is offline

Default Oh No

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:18:03 -0400, Kenni Judd wrote:
Whatever it is, it's almost certainly too big to be mites. Most people
can't even see mites without at least a magnifying glass, much less squeeze
them between fingers.

Rubbing alcohol has yet to cause damage to foliage, at our place, and we've
used many gallons of it. But it can damage flowers/buds and we also prefer
not to get too much of it on the roots. Kenni
.

I would have never noticed them if they did not move so fast but you
can feel them between the finger tips. I had to use the glass with a
extra magnifcation lense to see with what I was dealing . They are
hiding in the moss so I will refrain from dousing the roots again.
And thanks Diana for the cooking oil treatment plan.

Bob