Old 15-07-2007, 07:12 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
KC[_2_] KC[_2_] is offline

Default Looking for inexpensive self-propelled lawn mower

On Jul 13, 5:14 pm, ValveJob wrote:
Maybe you know a brand I should avoid or one you want to brag on.
I'm all ears - as Ross Perot said.

All a matter of personal preference & experience.

I have bought many cheapo's over the last 40 years and some were good
and some were crap.

Two years ago I bought a Troy-Bilt w/Honda engine, it being a rear
drive self propelled. Much better quality than I have had in the
past, and the rear drive works MUCH better on my tough grass than the
front drive unit I had prior to this. The front drive just didn't
have the pulling power so it took much more of my effort to help it
along. The rear drive does it all itself. Took a little getting used
to by working the drive lever rather than just lifting the front
wheels to make the turns, but it's now done without thought.

KC