Old 31-03-2003, 09:32 PM
Dawn

Default when is it time to trim a hedge?

There is a lot I don't know about gardening. For instance, I don't
know what this bush that grows outside my livingroom window is, but
it's about 3 feet taller than I'd like (it is starting to block the
window). It has dark green leaves that turn red in the fall where the
sun hits them. I know it's not a photinia.

Should I whack it back now, or wait until fall, or does it matter when
I cut it? Stuff is starting to bud here in Missouri, this bush has
little green leaf buds on it but they haven't started to open. Yet. A
couple more warm days like this and it will be a different story.

If someone could give me some advice, I'd appreciate it.

Dawn