Old 15-07-2007, 05:10 PM posted to austin.gardening,rec.gardens
Victor Martinez Victor Martinez is offline

Default OT: Mostly vegetarian (was Peaches)

jangchub wrote:
Mostly vegetarian? Vic, c'mon. Pregnant or not?

What I mean by mostly vegetarian is that I don't eat animal flesh
regularly. Once a week or so, it depends. I'm not dogmatic about it
either. I don't do dogma.

At least eat a big animal which feeds many and try to avoid shrimp
because many of those are killed.

When I do purchase animal flesh, I choose, if available, those that are
raised and killed humanely and as organic as possible. I do love shrimp
though.

Holiness says to at least eat a large animal which feeds many. He has
to eat meat from time to time for health reasons and he eats large
animals when he does.

I don't see why anybody would *have* to eat meat for health reasons. The
only essential nutrients meat provide are certain aminoacids, which are
available from non-meat sources.

You will be the first to know when I see the furniture. I'm already
tired of it, but my husband will kill me! I won't even say how much
this stuff cost us.

I'd love to have leather furniture, but with all our cats it would
be impossible to keep it looking good for long. They are very good at
scratching only on their furniture, but they do have claws and the do
use them for traction when racing like wildebeasts in the Serengeti.

Cheers.

Victor, off to yoga

--
Victor M. Martinez