Old 15-07-2007, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default "Tomorite"

louisxiv wrote:
"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
"judith" wrote in message
I always feed my tomatoes and invariably buy Tomorite - which always
appears to be more expensive than alternatives.

I'd be interested in other's views of the alternatives B&Q own etc -
or is it even feasible to make up your own from basic materials?

You do not say how well your tomatoes fare on Tomerite. It is regarded
as a well balanced tomato feed and one which I always used to very good
effect. It's a bit like making a curry. I put my faith in an expert
and use sauce from a jar rather than spend hours doing my own mix and
probably failing. Basic materials cost quite a lot and they degrade
over time.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Sauce from a jar, huh? And you expect us to take your gardening advice
seriously?! ;-)

Most of my sauce comes out of a bottle!! ;-)