Old 15-07-2007, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Frank Booth Snr Frank Booth Snr is offline

Default "Tomorite"

judith wrote:

The answer to your question as why Tomerite (mine was £3.49) is so
expensive, is that it is a liquid. You are mostly paying for water.
Phostrogen is a quarter of the price, and just as good.

That is excellent - well done sir - just what I wanted

Yes. Just stick to good ole Phostrogen. The only thing is that it tends
to cause big leaves with Toms. I'd buy a bag of potash from the garden
centre, and add a small pinch of that to the phostrogen, every 2 or 3
waterings.