Old 15-07-2007, 06:05 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
M. Fricker M. Fricker is offline

Default Melamine in fish food

"G Pearce" wrote:

In the 50's and 60's the TV dinners, or anything else for that matter, was
coming from China - with virtually no enforced regulation, they can ship us
anything, including ingredients in and for our food, let alone our pets

Check your history. Trade with china didn't start until after Nixon
recognized China in 1972 after cold relations since the communist
takeover in 1949.

Perhaps you are thinking of Japan, but I don't know of any food products
that came from Japan in that period. Certainly not TV dinners. TV
Dinners were introduced by Swanson's of Nebraska in 1952. Japanese
cars didn't start coming in quantity until the 70's.