Old 15-07-2007, 09:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ook Ook is offline

Default cucumber beetle infestation - what to do?

"JP" wrote in message
et...
It was cucumber beetles that made me stop using insecticides in my garden.
I had cucumber beetles so bad they were eating the silk on my corn. I
waited until close to sundown so that I wouldn't spray any bees and
covered the whole garden in Sevin. The next morning all the cucumber
beetles were dead, along with lady bugs and just about anything else that
got caught in my fumigation.

That is a problem here - my daughters released a bag of ladybugs a while
back, and we have ladybugs *everywhere*. Too bad they don't eat the beetles!
So, if I sterilized the garden, they would never forgive me. My nine year
old will stop everything to rescue a ladybug from the sidewalk or swimming
pool.