Old 15-07-2007, 09:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
cat daddy cat daddy is offline

Default H E L P: My Composter is Full of Larvae!!!

If you can't find dried leaves, you could use shredded newspaper or brown
paper bags as a substitute for the brown ingredient.

"Max Krippler" wrote in message
It isn't slimy,and the only non-vegetable matter we've added were some
(well rinsed) eggshells. I'll start by moving the thing into the sun
and put grass clippings in if I can find some clean ones. We used
alot of grass clippings in our compost last year and they must have
had weeds because a lot of weeds turned up in our tomato beds this
year. I've heard that if I can get it hot enough it will sterilize
the seeds...

And if these are maggots, they are the biggest damn maggots I've ever
seen. Some of them are an inch and a half long!!!

--Max

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 06:42:53 -0700, beecrofter
wrote:

On second thought can you get some fress grass clippings to mix in and
bring the temperature up? No larvae will survive 150+ degrees a hot
compost would make, I am imagining a slimy mess that is too moist
tight now,