Old 15-07-2007, 11:38 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] suitegardener@aol.com is offline

Default California Lilac looks like it is dying :(

On Jul 15, 4:45?pm, "Goldlexus" wrote:
My cal. lilac is turning brownish. I have never had to water it during the
summer and it has always been very green a lovely all season long. This year
it is starting to turn a brownish color and looks like it has lost a lot of
leaves. Our neighbors sprinkler system has a leak and was leaking well over
a week before they turned it off. The didn't even know it was leaking, duh,
I had to go over and tell them. The neighbor still hasn't fixed their leak,
they just turn their sprinkler system on/off manually but have forgotten it
last week for 2 days. Our property got the run off from the leak right where
my lilac is. Would too much water cause this? Well it rebound?

Hi---Something similar happened to a friend of mine.Her shrub started
to show symptoms of illness from a run-off (water leak).Turns out that
the run-off initially contained some pesticide in the soil which
contaminated the shrub.It's best that you consult a
professional,probably from your local garden center or nursery.You
should ask your neighbors if they added any chemicals to their
soil.They may not tell you for fear of being held responsible.You may
want to then take a soil sample and have it tested,if you want to go
the extra mile.Hope everything turns out okay.

http://suitegardener.blogspot.com