Old 15-07-2007, 11:49 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] suitegardener@aol.com is offline

Default free trees & plants site

On Jul 15, 11:09?am, thistletoes wrote:
Has anyone ordered from this site? It was listed on a PC newsletter I
get, and I have wondered if what they supply is worth the modest
shipping. The plants are all bare root but "free", as explained on
their site.http://www.freetreesandplants.com/index.html
I've emailed them a couple of times with questions and have always
received a prompt and very courteous reply, but I have not yet
ordered. I was thinking of getting some bare root shrubs for this
fall.

Deb

Hi--I've been gardening for quite a few years,and one thing I've
learned is to never buy plamt or tree life of any kind online.Before I
buy a plant,I must inspect it for disease,root rot,pests,etc.Even when
I purchase from a nursery,I keep the plant isolated from my others for
at least 2-3 weeks to make sure it's healthy and to safeguard my other
plants.Also,there a a lot of websites that sell all sorts of live
plants and such for "free"--but demand a high shipping and handling
charge.To me,that's not really "free" after all.Hope this helps.

-Henny
http://suitegardener.blogspot.com