Old 16-07-2007, 01:25 AM posted to rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default free trees & plants site

On Jul 15, 11:09?am, thistletoes wrote:
Has anyone ordered from this site? It was listed on a PC newsletter I
get, and I have wondered if what they supply is worth the modest
shipping. The plants are all bare root but "free", as explained on
their site.http://www.freetreesandplants.com/index.html
I've emailed them a couple of times with questions and have always
received a prompt and very courteous reply, but I have not yet
ordered. I was thinking of getting some bare root shrubs for this
fall.

They want only like $7 shipping, you can't drive to the mall for that,
and isn't your time worth anything... I never consider the shipping
costs, especaillly not now that I'm paying well over three dollars a
gallon.

I buy a lot of plants from http://www.naturehills.com , I've nver
been disappointed. And bare root seedings usually out perform potted
trees from teh loack nursery... the bare root trees begin to grow when
first planted, the potted trees will need a minimum of three years to
revive from transplant shock before showing any growth. After three
years the bareroot trees are typically larger than the potted
saplings.

I've had no luck with http://www.arborday.org they send dead plant
stock... save your money.