Old 15-07-2007, 10:57 PM posted to aus.environment.misc,aus.gardens,aus.general,aus.legal
Troppo Troppo is offline

Default water tank rebates

"0tterbot" wrote in
:

"Jonno" wrote in message
u...
It appears that while water is free, or claimed by the "government"
the rental to store such a product must be charged for.

why? by whom? how?

As well as this, the accuracy of water meters and electricity meters
as well as speed cameras is not beyond reproach. Illegal testing
procedures plus reliability of state government testing procedures
are being called into question at this moment. Funny that, it
involves corporations at all levels. The majority of Aussies are
slack so will allow lies ABOUT it to happen.

what?

If people are willing to have their freedoms stolen from them like
the ORIGINAL austalian inhibitants, then you must learn to fight for
them. Otherwise things which cooperations would steal from you, under
the cover of "government" statutes will become the things that will
allow this country to be governed by others who have no right.
Big Brother isnt a relative at all. He' a thief.
And perhaps some are fighting for their own survival in some
countries. Taxes are now being justified due to the spin doctors, who
are in actual paid liars.

i have no idea what your point is. we have big problems with big
brother activity in australia at the moment - that's exactly right.
but approximately 0% revolves around water or related issues at this
time & i can't fathom why anyone would foresee that happening when it
is so observably difficult to implement. short of draining it, how do
you propose someone measure the volume of a dam?

Surface area x average depth x 1000 = litres won't do it. Would have to
use cross-sectional areas as for volumes of cuttings in road building
etc. I did it once using a tinny and a simple sounding device. Took all
day and the client wasn't happy about the bill.

where are all these inspectors going to come from (particularly when
they wouldn't be able to DO anything once employed!!)

Apart fom a bit of fishing maybe :-)

State and federal governments often come up with silly ideas which they
immediately try to pass on to local governments (without any money passed
on of course). I haven't heard of this one. Last year I was asked to
calculate how long it would take to inspect all the swimming pools in the
LA area. My answer was - 1 compliance officer working full-time, 9000+
pools, Brisbane City Council inspection rates. Result = 22 years. And the
number of pools is increasing faster than the inspection rate.