Old 16-07-2007, 12:30 AM posted to austin.gardening
jangchub jangchub is offline

Default OT: Mostly vegetarian (was Peaches)

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 11:10:49 -0500, Victor Martinez
wrote:

What I mean by mostly vegetarian is that I don't eat animal flesh
regularly. Once a week or so, it depends. I'm not dogmatic about it
either. I don't do dogma.

I've been accused of being a fundamentalist more than once! I don't
do dogma either, but I think if I ate meat I wouldn't call myself
mostly vegetarian.

I don't see why anybody would *have* to eat meat for health reasons. The
only essential nutrients meat provide are certain aminoacids, which are
available from non-meat sources.

From a Tibetan Medicine perspective, there are certain properties
which contribute to the wind energy, and the central channels, etc.
It's complex, but he follows his Tibetan doctors' advice. It may stem
out of the mere fact there is not much other THAN meat in Tibet,
particularly in winter. Tsampa and yak.

I'd love to have leather furniture, but with all our cats it would
be impossible to keep it looking good for long. They are very good at
scratching only on their furniture, but they do have claws and the do
use them for traction when racing like wildebeasts in the Serengeti.

Cheers.

Victor, off to yoga

We had an 80 pound dog who lived on the couch. This leather is not
ordinary. It is very heavy and very resilient. No cat nail could
penetrate this leather. I do remember before our 14 year old kitties
passes away they would run like wildebeasts in the Serengeti over
these couches and not a scratch.

Om Shanti