Old 16-07-2007, 04:36 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default Acre pond up by 9" - Rain in MS

The rains have come in force here in central MS. Maybe the Texas
rains have come to visit.

Our pond is now up by 9" since last Thursday! The ground is saturated
and steady rains of varied intensity have run from above the pond into
it. It is in a 'Y' between two hills and catched the run-off from a
bunch of acres of land. If it goes up by another 5 or so inches, it
will be where it was this spring. It is new (built last summer) and
has never been full. It came within 15" of being full. Now it is
approaching that again. The big issue will be the dry MS summer in
August and September, before the fall rains. It needs to saty more
than 3' deep or the herons will clean us out. This gives hope...and
the rains are still scheduled next week!

Our 2" brim and bass are now up to 5". They get fed daily by a feeder
and the bass are eating the flathead minnows we put in. Those will
all be gone within 2 years.

Jim