Old 16-07-2007, 01:50 PM posted to austin.gardening
Gary Brady Gary Brady is offline

Default OT: Mostly vegetarian (was Peaches)

Victor Martinez wrote:

I'd love to have leather furniture, but with all our cats it would
be impossible to keep it looking good for long. They are very good at
scratching only on their furniture, but they do have claws and the do
use them for traction when racing like wildebeasts in the Serengeti.

Victor, off to yoga

Going off on a different subject here, we replaced our fabric couches
with leather in January and our cats (4 of 'em) rarely get on the couch
any longer. The dogs (papillons) really love the leather, though, and
sleep almost exclusively on the back of the couches. They seem to like
the noise it makes when they jump up on it. I've been surprised how the
cats avoid the couches now.

--
Gary Brady
Austin, TX