Old 16-07-2007, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default herb/weed id please?

On 16/7/07 12:15, in article
, "Cat(h)"
wrote:

On Jul 16, 11:53 am, Sacha wrote:
On 16/7/07 11:28, in article
. com, "Cat(h)"

wrote:

snip

I'm sorry for being obviously not very gifted at describing the plant.
None of the suggestions (having googled photos of same) match my
plant.

I think it can be quite hard to describe something like that, because not
only is it not a plant everyone will normally take much notice of, everyone
'sees' things slightly differently.

That's a fair comment. Something else just struck me about the smell:
before tackling that weed, I had just pulled up a whole pile of tall
dill seedlings. Right now, I could not swear whether the smell was
the dill lingering on me (which it does), or the actual smell of the
plant. Quite apart from the photo, I must test the smell again, now
that the dill is all gone.

That could certainly make a difference. It's a fairly 'clingy' smell, IMO.

I said it had the same leaf structure as parsley, i.e. a ferny type
leaf. However, I also said it was far more delicate, easily crushed/
bruised, very pale green, with some leaves white and even purple close
to the ground.

snip

It's fun to try. ;-)

I guess as much from finding myself looking up those threads almost
systematically - even if I can rarely answer the question, and when
I'm able to have generally been pipped to it by the more expert
posters.

In trying to find your weed, I learned a lot more about so-called weeds
which are in fact edible or medicinal - just goes to show that nothing is
ever wasted!

But a photo would certainly do it. There's a site
called Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/

I'll probably tinypic it - it works for me :-)
Thanks again,
Cat(h)

Looking forward to seeing it.

--