Old 16-07-2007, 09:00 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
G Pearce G Pearce is offline

Default Melamine in fish food

"G Pearce" wrote:

In the 50's and 60's the TV dinners, or anything else for that matter,
was
coming from China - with virtually no enforced regulation, they can
ship
us anything, including ingredients in and for our food, let alone our
pets

OOPS - I forgot the "NOT" before 'coming from China' - can you buy, let's
say 'canned mushrooms' from anywhere else? - not in my grocery store in
Canada, and I am surrounded buy mushroom farms where I live - how well are
the Chinese Mushrooms regulated, and what else is in them, that we don't
know about? - I would gladly pay more for North American - 2 wks ago, I
checked the cans for where they were from and went back to the shelf to look
for something N.A. and there were none (we buy them quite often and the wife
picked up 2 cans)
P.S. - I am not Chinese bashing, I just have a problem with what keeps
coming up in the news about the Government over there turning a blind eye
and letting the companies do as they please to keep their employment and
revenue up
OK - done with the ranting Gale :~)