Old 31-03-2003, 10:08 PM
Mike

Default Garden suitable for children & dog

In article , Christine
writes

Thanks for that Mike, you sound like my kind of gardener!

It's my wife Joan who is the Earth and Plants gardener. I am the
Hardware, Greenhouse building and path laying gardener. Took delivery
today of the first of 40 2 x 2 paving slabs for a patio. 8 Laid so far.

I shall
definately get to grips with my dog, and sort out a veg patch.

If your dog trust you and you are firm but kind with it, you will win.
Don't forget the praise and reward. Guide Dogs are trained to go to the
loo 'when told' and the key word is 'Busy'. A Guide Dog will be taken to
an appropriate area and told to 'Busy', and it does!!!

It
sounds like thats all I need do for the time being. What you said
made good sense, and will save me alot of time and effort.

By the way, I admire you finding time to garden in between 6 children!

As I said, I don't garden, but, it was the previous owners who had 6
children!! We only had 4 ;-}, all flown the nest but one has come back.
One has retired early and lives in a Manor House with umpteen acres to
deal with but they do have a gardener for the main part. She tends to
about an acre which she calls her house garden;-}. No dogs or children
but Rabbits galore :-((

Children, Dogs and gardens 'DO' go together:-))

Mike

Forthcoming reunions. Royal Navy Social Weekend Sussex May 2nd - 5th.
H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th. Plus many more