Old 16-07-2007, 03:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,soc.culture.china
rst0wxyz rst0wxyz is offline

Default Organic Farming Can Feed The World, Study Suggests

On Jul 16, 7:01 am, James wrote:
On Jul 16, 1:44 am, sherwindu wrote:

The Chinese may be doing 'organic farming' by using manure instead of chemicals.
However, they use a lot of human manure, which potentially can carry a lot of
harmful pathogens. If I had a choice between human manure and chemicals, I
definitely would take the chemicals.

Sherwin D.- Hide quoted text -

Well. Their choices were eat produce grown in shit or starve. Now a
days they've become wealthy enough to use chemicals but there're still
a high percentage of really, really poor dirt farmers who think life
is wonderful if they just don't have one hungry day all year.

How true, how true. China was and is still a land of the living
hell. Now, this is what I call a reality check.