Old 16-07-2007, 08:20 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default Man wins over beast!

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 10:35:52 CST, Chris Barnes
wrote:

Ok, I have to know this: was this groups' habit of naming snakes "Bob"
going on before I joined the group? Or is it something I started (my
wife and kids have been naming all snakes "Bob" for about 3 years now,
the first being a 6' eastern coachwhip).

I named my snake "Bob" because I asked the group what I should name
it. I got several suggestions, but "Bob" was short, easy to spell,
and happens to be a word I can say. So Bob it was, but like I've
said, I haven't seen the snake around for a long time. When Bob was
around the whole pond was quiet, but wound up tight like a coiled
spring. Now frogs are sitting around on lily pads, tadpoles are
swimming, bugs are buzzing, the whole place seems much happier and
more relaxed. The whole place seems less tense.

Anyway, if and when Bob returns he might find an entirely different
"welcome" from what he experienced before. I haven't decided exactly
what I'll do, I'm just kind of hoping that I won't have to deal with
such a situation. I live out in the boonies in northern Florida, a
good ten minutes drive from the nearest "town," which, although it is
the county seat, isn't exactly big. I live where most folks would
relocate their snakes *to*. In any event, there would be another
"Bob" to replace the one I relocated, if I were to do so. Netting is
out of the question, the pond is much to large for that. Any
suggestions?
--
Galen Hekhuis
We'll cross that bridge when it rears its ugly head