Old 17-07-2007, 12:07 AM posted to rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default Sprinkler advice

Kiran wrote:
There was some discussion of sprinkler here. I am a newbie too and
would appreciate all advice about my specific situation:

1. Two 30' x 60' backyard TRIANGULAR lawns (flowers along the long
edge). There's a walkway along the diagonal edge which needs to be
avoided.

(This is a 30 x 60 rectangular lawn in which the previous owners put a
diagonal walkway in the middle.)

Your dimensions don't equate... wouldn't two 30' X 60' triangles
bisected diagonally by a walkway make a lawn 60' X 60 square?

2. Two 12' x 15' rectangular front gardens (no grass, only flowers and
plants, many delicate), with a walkway in the middle which need to be
avoided.

(Again, a 12 x 30 front yard with a walkway in the middle.)

3. Two 8' x 16' city parkway lawns, which can be watered together as
one 8' x 32', but there is a sidewalk along the long edge that needs to
be avoided.

Why pray tell can't your sidewalks/walkways get wet... is it some kind
of water soluable concrete... what do you do when it rains?