Old 16-07-2007, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Food miles & Kenyan growers

"Barb" wrote in message
At risk of starting a vitriolic debate on this hugely fashionable and "in"
subject - I personally have just a tiny little, teen weeny, very small,
back-of-the-mind suspicion that part of the Global Warming thing is to
maintain the status quo and the economic/agricultural power of the
existing major world economies ....do "we" (in the "West") really want
Kenyan farmers climbing out of poverty and potentially turning their
economy around?

I wonder why Kenyans can't grow food for their own use.

Perhaps I'm naive ...

Mary