Old 16-07-2007, 09:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default What plant(s) are these? What do do with them?

In article . com,
" writes:

| My new greenhouse in France will be unheated in Winter I would imagine
| that would be too cold? The pots that I grow them in are huge and
| cannot be moved out of place, what can I do, can I take them up and if
| so what can I do to keep them safe, I have a cellar that is very cold
| but frostproof?

Take cuttings in summer. Like many plants from semi-arid temperate
areas, most pelargoniums can take a fair amount of cold if they are
kept fairly dry. I am by no means an expert, but have succeeded
fairly well with some of the scented ones by neglecting them :-)

Given their growth rate, a few reasonable plants overwintered in the
greenhouse when not too cold and the cellar when bitter would take
off as soon as it warms up. Again, please note my lack of expertise,
but I did achieve that with some.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.