Old 16-07-2007, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Sangster Dave Sangster is offline

Default Camomile lawns revisited

Thanks to all respondents, and yeah, LaPuce, camoumile may be cute :-), but
it's wrong, and I stand corrected. On the other hand, since you have
camouflaged your shed with it, it could be regarded as a portmanteau, arf
arf. But to business: Treneague is easy to propagate - ten plants given some
room will multiply x4 or x5 over a season. I've planted my path over the
past three years at about 15cm spacings and it's thickening up nicely.
Weeding is a big job, but pleasantly scented, and setting aside a wee
nursery bed for cuttings and thinnings keeps up a supply of new plants for
patching and extending. It's not an easy option, but it's a thrill trampling
it in bare feet, and guests can't resist it. Some have even wanted to roll
about in it, which makes me think my next project should be a double bed!
Felicitations.