Old 16-07-2007, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default What plant(s) are these? What do do with them?

" writes
On Jul 15, 6:54 pm, K wrote:

Indoors, water just to keep moist.
they can take a lot longer for the roots to get to the bottom of the pot
- usually I take cuttings in the late summer, put then in their plastic
bags on the bottom shelf of the greenhouse staging and forget about them
until spring.

My new greenhouse in France will be unheated in Winter I would imagine
that would be too cold? The pots that I grow them in are huge and
cannot be moved out of place, what can I do, can I take them up and if
so what can I do to keep them safe, I have a cellar that is very cold
but frostproof?

I have a number of pelargoniums which overwinter happily in a
greenhouse which drops to 32 deg F (but no lower) overnight
occasionally, and another in an unheated porch - don't know what
temperature that goes down to.

I have found pelargoniums one of the earliest things to get frosted if
left outside too long in the autumn.

The problem with the cellar would be light (or lack of).

Begonias I can't help with.

--
Kay