Old 31-03-2003, 10:56 PM
Miss M

Default What do you do ...

I've found that drying leafy herbs (such as lettuce-leaf basil or lemon
balm) can be done very well in the microwave. I'd be willing to bet that
it would work pretty well on rose petals.

You have to make sure that the petals are really fine, with no
bruising, tears, or creases. Lay them on paper towels and start
experimenting with the time and depending on how many petals
you have laid out . A minute or less to start, I would guess.
What I found with this method is that herbs which are typically best
fresh (like basil)preserve more of the fresh flavor and better color
with this method of drying.

Ol' Thornfinger wrote:
....with your rose petals? I just can't stand throwing them out. I usually
just throw them in a basket for a few days or float them in a bowl or
something. What's the best way to dry them without them turning ookie colors
and losing their smell completely? Any good links to this kind of thing?
Also, is there a FAQ for this group?

First time poster, long time rose grower.