Old 17-07-2007, 02:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Basketweaver Basketweaver is offline

Default ANN Another great link

I've been a member of North Carolina Basketmakers' Assoc. and
gone to convention for ten years. It's a huge event. I also, sometimes
go to their Fall Retreat. Here's a link to their site:
http://www.ncbasketmakers.com/index.html
If you click on Events, you'll find links to other basket weaving
associations and events.

Sound like a huge gardening project. Thanks for sharing the photos.
I love the way it looks but look forward to seeing photos after you've
revamped it.

"Ann" wrote in message
"Basketweaver" expounded:

I totally understand, Ann, as I do as well. I weave only a few times
per year. I go to a basket convention each spring where I weave
three or four baskets. Boy, the fingers ache and the manicure
really suffer from so much weaving and having my hands in water
all weekend.

Basket conventions - that sounds interesting, I'll have to google it.
Where in general are they located?

What are some of your hobbies?

Gardening is my passion, but I'm also into anything nature, camping,
hiking, etc. I used to do counted cross-stitch, now that I have more
time on my hands I'll have to take it up again.

Now, back to garden pictures!

The front garden (with the raised beds) is in its last year. I'm
going to dismantle it and turn it into a more formal herb garden. I'm
going to leave the border in place, get rid of the grass between the
beds and border the large rectangle somehow. There will be a focal
point in the center, I'm hoping for a fountain, but a sundial may have
to do for a bit due to funds.

The back veggie garden will gain about 12 more feet to compensate for
the loss of the front. The whole backyard is still a work in
progress, someday I'll have lawn again back there, along with a
greenhouse.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts