Old 17-07-2007, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Beryl Harwood Beryl Harwood is offline

Default Food miles & Kenyan growers

The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Martin" wrote

The point is that it is stupid to criticise other countries, when UK
could have
a perfectly viable horticulture industry supplying most of the UK
supermarkets
horticultural needs.
Martin

You don't see it as a sort of third world help, buying stuff from Africa
etc?

Wouldn't it be better for them to eat it themselves, after all, they are
supposed to be starving!

Which was Mary's point. I guess that they don't have the money to buy
it themselves and their gov'mnt won't pay them to feed themselves so
they need out money to buy the inferior products we choose to pass back
to them. Not good imo.

Beryl