Old 18-07-2007, 05:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Manelli Family[_3_] Manelli Family[_3_] is offline

Default Phals revisited

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Yes I mean new leaf and root growth. It looked like whoever potted these
plants at the Crystal Co. in St. Lewis MO just crammed the roots
together, wrapped them in moss and forced them into the pots, breaking
most of them in the process. Disgusting.

I guess I should ask what condition the roots were actually in? I mean, do
the plants have some viable roots left? There needs to be enough root
system to support the whole plant.

Diana

The roots they have left I would say are borderline. They're not
desiccating (the plants) so I assume there are enough left to support the
leaves they have. I will never buy another orchid that originates from that
Co. again - at any price!