Old 18-07-2007, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default re.garden when selling house

Kate Morgan writes
We are thinking about moving in a year or two, I will of course have
to leave my garden where I have worked hard and am now happy with. What
is the way to go about it? I suppose one has to leave growing things or
can some be removed to new garden, maybe I should start taking
cutting`s and sowing seeds in pots now. Do ornamental pots etc go with
the house, questions questions questions ? Words of wisdom and advice
will be appreciated .

Pots go with the owner, plants in the ground go with the house, unless
specified before exchange of contracts.

It's a good idea to start now and get cuttings rooted and seeds sown,
and easier to cope with at the other end if you haven't got masses of
bare-rooted stuff to get into the ground in the midst of moving in.

Removers probably won't want to pack plants for you, but will provide
ample boxes and bubble foam. Avoid long whippy plants - try to get them
compact so the branches support each other, then wrap the whole lot in
bubble foam, small light plants can be put on top of heavier plants
provided the box is stuffed well enough to avoid movement.
--
Kay