Old 18-07-2007, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(Normandy\) David \(Normandy\) is offline

Default re.garden when selling house

"®óñ© © ²°¹°-°³" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 14:13:59 +0100, "Kate Morgan"
wrote and included this (or some of this):

We are thinking about moving in a year or two, I will of course have to
leave my garden where I have worked hard and am now happy with. What is
the
way to go about it? I suppose one has to leave growing things or can some
be
removed to new garden, maybe I should start taking cutting`s and sowing
seeds in pots now. Do ornamental pots etc go with the house, questions
questions questions ? Words of wisdom and advice will be appreciated .

When selling you can take or leave whatever you like. However, it is
necessary to inform the prospective buyers exactly what is included in
the asking price.
You should take cuttings into pots to take with you and certainly take
your ornamental pots unless your buyer can agree with you how much he
is prepared to pay for them (or you could up the asking price
accordingly and include them in the sale)

Basically, you must make it clear what you are removing and what you
are leaving, Unfortunately, there have been many instances where
buyers have purchased, got the keys and found that light-bulbs, light
fittings, curtain rails, toilet-roll holders etc have been taken,
although I do believe that soaking off the wallpaper and removing
switches and door-handles is rare south of Hadrian's. BG

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°³

It's the normal practice here in France :-(

Our first job after buying the house here was to go straight back out again
and buy and install some light fittings before it got dark! They took
curtain rails, toilet roll holders the lot! The wallpaper was hanging off
the walls too but that was down to rising damp.

David.