Old 18-07-2007, 04:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Unknown flower growing on fishpond

In article ,
Wolf wrote:

Omelet wrote:
In article ,
"Padraig" wrote:

begin 666 Unknown flower growing on koi pond.jpg
[Image]

end

Water Hyacinth.

They are illegal to grow here.
Unfortunately. :-(

Yes, because they are a foreign species, and have no natural limiter
here. We tend to focus on the ecological damage from foreign animal
species and forget that plants can be as bad and worse. See kudzu, which
was originally imported as an erosion cure.

Good example. ;-)

I just can't see that water Hyacinth in a private pond would be harmful.

I can see them having eradicated them from the river.

Too bad they don't get rid of all that Tarot if they are that worried
about "native plants" tho'.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.