Old 18-07-2007, 06:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Guy Gorton Guy Gorton is offline

Default Unknown flower growing on fishpond

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:37:16 -0500, Omelet
wrote:

Could birds spread the seeds? This is a common way of propagation for
many plants. Also, airborne seeds like dandelions. Just cause it can't
walk, doesn't mean it can't spread.
hc

The problem was that some morons tossed their overgrowth into the local
river. Eradication was expensive, but eventually successful.

(San Marcos, Texas USA).

Ah! Now I know the locale.
I know the provenance of several of the contributors to this ng but
often it is a bit of a mystery. Sometimes the photographic subjects
give the clue, but sometimes not. Should we have a convention about
identifying a contributor's locale?
alt.binaries.pictures.rail has a nice convention that most posts are
prefixed with the country of origin (US, UK, Cy(work that one out),
etc.), but that is about the subject, not the photographer.
Just a thought.

Guy Gorton