Old 18-07-2007, 04:32 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Chris Barnes Chris Barnes is offline

Default Man wins over beast!

Galen Hekhuis wrote:
Anyway, if and when Bob returns he might find an entirely different
"welcome" from what he experienced before. I haven't decided exactly
what I'll do, I'm just kind of hoping that I won't have to deal with
such a situation. I live out in the boonies in northern Florida, a
good ten minutes drive from the nearest "town," which, although it is
the county seat, isn't exactly big. I live where most folks would
relocate their snakes *to*. In any event, there would be another
"Bob" to replace the one I relocated, if I were to do so. Netting is
out of the question, the pond is much to large for that. Any
suggestions?

Generally speaking, I like having Bobs around. They are certainly
preferable to the other things that would be around if they weren't
(mice, rats, vols, even rabbits & skunks in my garden). But seeing as
how it was a water snake (which tend to eat more fish than rodents), I
can see why you would want it relocated.

If your pond is too large for a net, your only real alternative option
is a BB/pellet gun (an option I personally wouldn't like, but then
again, I like snakes).

--

Chris Barnes AOL IM: CNBarnes