Old 18-07-2007, 08:56 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default Redcaps prolific

"Bob F" wrote in message
. ..

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message
Lots of redcaps this year - and they very conveniently wait until the
blackcaps are finished to ripen. We've been picking them just before
noon and having them fresh with our lunch. The remainder goes to
relatives, friends and neighbors.

What on earth is a redcap? What is a blackcap?

Bob

Don't really know the technical terms for them but that's what they are
called around here. I've also heard some people refer to the red ones as
wild rasberries but they don't taste like rasberry.