Old 18-07-2007, 10:56 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default Man wins over beast!

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:17:11 CST, ~ jan wrote:

Let's add, and be a really skilled shot, else your liner could suffer more
damage than any snake. ;-) ~ jan

I feel compelled to add that shooting at a pond (or any body of water)
is generally a poor idea. The projectile (BB, pellet, bullet, etc.)
can ricochet off the water and go some unintended directions. In my
case, it doesn't really matter. I can't see my neighbors, I can't
hear my neighbors, I don't really have any neighbors, at least not in
the usual sense. I live alone and there is never, ever anyone besides
me when I go "weeding." Sometimes you can hear the pellet go crashing
through the trees behind the pond after skipping off the water when I
miss a weed. I don't think guns and water mix too well.