Old 19-07-2007, 11:40 AM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz Pat Kiewicz is offline

Default Thuja problem

JackpipE said:

I planted 24 thujas from Lowes about 3 weekes ago and they are slowly
turning brown. I watered them about once a day once every two days for
the past 3 weeks and now I water them twice a day (early morning and
evening). Not all of them have this problem but at least half (12).
Few of them were planted close to large oak tree but I don't see any
connection between location where it was planted. They get about 3-5
hours of full sun.
Here are pictures:
http://www.existonline.com/temp/IMGP2628_resize.JPG
http://www.existonline.com/temp/IMGP2629_resize.JPG
http://www.existonline.com/temp/IMGP2630_resize.JPG
http://www.existonline.com/temp/IMGP2632_resize.JPG
http://www.existonline.com/temp/IMGP2633_resize.JPG

All help will be much appreciated.

Wild guess here. Look up 'arborvitae leafminer' -- I had
problems with these years ago at another house. Ended
up solving it with by using systemic insecticide pellets in
my root-feeder.

(attributed to Don Marti)