Old 19-07-2007, 02:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
John Bachman John Bachman is offline

Default Water Conservation

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:46:57 +0100, billiebobuk
wrote:

Hi, I'm really concerned about water conservation. Does anyone know of
any good products to divert/harvest rain water???

Why the concern? Water is not something that we consume when we use
it. We just borrow it. Regardless of the useage, the water goes back
into the water table after we have used it. The only exception is
that portion which evaporates and that precipates back to earth.

There may be local water shortages but the earth's supply is nearly
limitless. There is more water on earth than any other commodity.
Most of it is salty but desalinization processes exist - ask Aruba.

John