Old 19-07-2007, 06:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default Man wins over beast!

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:06:54 CST, Chris Barnes
wrote:

A quick google search turned up http://www.snakeguard.com/.
I have no idea how effective it might be... ;-)

There is a good write up by a pest control person at
http://www.aaanimalcontrol.com/snake-trapping.htm. Note that one thing
he said on that page is that "snake trapping outside is usually a silly
option, and I usually only place snake traps inside a house".

Have fun whatever you do. :-)

Thanks. I've pretty much decided against the box and glue type traps
for snakes like the Snakeguard. There are a number of reasons, among
them being that I just don't think it would work with a 4 1/2 foot
*water* snake, I couldn't even guess where I'd place it. If
the snake comes back I guess I'll have to learn to live with it. Like
my mother used to say: "All God's children have to eat." Whether I
like it or not, a snake is one of those children. Nature isn't always
relaxed. I guess I'll just have to enjoy the good days while I have
them.
--
Galen Hekhuis
Hell hath no fury like a bird in the hand