Old 19-07-2007, 09:42 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default peas, beans, cukes, peppers, & squash

Jan Flora wrote:
In article ,
rachael simpson wrote:

A cottonmouth. Hmm. *shudder*

yeah, me too! i know there are some on here who will probably rant on
me about killing it.......but to each their own.......i'd rather *get*
it, than it *get* me or the kids.........

I'd rather put up with a short gardening season than
deal with snakes.

My Blue Lake beans are just coming up, in the greenhouse.
(Yes, my season is *that* short.) But the 'mater plants
are loaded with fruit and the yellow crookneck has both
fruit and blooms on it.

I overwintered a Sweet Hungarian Pepper in the kitchen
last year. It grew fruit until very late in the winter,
looked crappy for awhile, then started cranking out
peppers again in about March, when we got daylight
again. It's almost 3' tall and looking pretty good.

hadn't tried the hungarian variety. how's it taste and compare to others?

The daylilies & sweet peas are all in bloom. I'm happy : )

got a few daylilies too, mainly hydrangea, moonflowers, and roses. loved
the flowers on the sweet peas, but those have played out here.

Jan in Alaska

rae