Old 19-07-2007, 08:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Bob Walsh Bob Walsh is offline

Default Ants in my Orchids

Haywood,

Google 'ant bait recipe'. Instructions are there for either boric acid or
20 Mule Team Borax. The author recommends using a margarine container. For
orchids you probably want something smaller. Using it in a container is
probably best because of the plant toxicity factor.

Bob
"KurtG" wrote in message
Haywood Jablowme wrote:
I live in the Orlando, Florida area and have a number of assorted
Orchid plants hanging in a large Magnolia tree in my back yard. All of
my orchids are thriving in this climate. In a typical year, there are
4 or 5 nights when it is cold enough to warrant bringing the orchids
inside.

Used Coffee grounds? Caffeine is natures insecticide.

I don't think it's much of a problem until you want to bring them back
inside.