Old 20-07-2007, 01:08 AM posted to aus.gardens
SG1 SG1 is offline

Default The cat problem

"Jock" wrote in message

"Terryc" wrote in message

lol, not a problem at all.
Cats don't actually kill that many rabbits, if at all.
1% of prey at best

not really lol IMO - the rest (the remaining 99%) are marsupials, birds,
small otherwise healthy species not helped by this predation..

The now deceased feral cat did not get the rabbits that often visit here
(dunghills in yard) and the dogs did not mind the rabbits either, though
they have been going off at the roos visiting the last few nights. I hate to
say it but I prefer rabbits to feral cats. At least we used to make a few
quid catching the blighters, and rabbit stew aint too bad either. The
drought is not over out here yet.